SyntaxHighlighter

Monday, May 23, 2011

Getting Started with UDDI v3

Nowadays it is very easy to get started with a UDDI v3 registry. Here are the steps to get started with jUDDI v3.

1. From the jUDDI releases page, download the latest jUDDI v3 tomcat-bundle, or if you want an additional browser then you can download the portal-bundle.

2. Unzip the bundle and start the server by running the bin/start.sh (use the start.bat on windows).

3. Since the UDDI v3 API is a WebServices API you can interact with it using tools like SoapUI. Visit http://www.soapui.org/ to download SoapUI. Unzip the SoapUI.zip and start it using /bin/soapui.sh.

4. Open your browser to http://localhost:8080/juddiv3, and save the wsdls for the security, publish and inquiry API.

5. Import these WSDLs into a SoapUI project, and you are now ready to use the API. See also the demo to publish and delete a business.

The demo is broken down into 2 parts, please scroll down for part 2 of the demo.









15 comments:

  1. Great intro/tutorial to jUDDI! Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a trying to devise a client module from scratch in java using Eclipse IDE.Can someone please tell me how should I proceed ? Should I use the Transport Class in my code which will help the client to communicate with the registry or does the client communicate through the http protocol ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi...KURT.

    how can i download this tutorial?

    if downloading of this tutorial is possible, then it will be very useful for me.

    Thanks & Regards.

    Manan D Shah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Manan,

    Sorry for the slow response, but they can all be found in SVN.

    Cheers,

    --Kurt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Navneet, the easiest way to get started is to try to run our helloworld and simple-publish examples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can I query the Services, is there any tutorial me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi 林场,

    Unfortunately there isn't a good write up on querying, however our tests have some good examples. So for example check out:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi/tags/juddi-3.1.3/uddi-tck/src/test/java/org/apache/juddi/v3/tck/
    Hopefully this will help.

    --Kurt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Thank you for this tutorial. It helps me very much :)

    I follow it, but when I deploy my webapp it seems that my uddi.xml is not read or ignored. How could I fix it ? I'm totally lost :(
    At the beginning I believed that there were a parse error, but the log doesn't show that.

    I use juddi 3.1.3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lionel, please hop over to the jUDDI user forum, you will reach many more people there.

      Delete
  9. Hi Kurt,
    Great tutorial, do you know? How can i publish a web service with NetBeans?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not aware of a plugin into the Netbeans to interact with the UDDI server. But you can use the UDDI annotations to register your service at deploy time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kurt,
    Thanks for your answer, actually I need to use JUDDI for a Master Degree, where could I contact you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edgar,

      The best place to get help is to sign up at our user mailing list. Your posts will go through as soon as you complete the sign up process.

      --Kurt

      Delete